Trick or Treaters
- Always cross at crosswalks and use sidewalks
- Carry a flashlight
- Make sure your costume doesn’t block vision or cause you to trip
- Trick or treat in a group or with an adult
- Wait until parents check the candy to eat any treats
- Drive slowly in residential areas
- Exit driveways and parking spots slowly and carefully
- Be sure to use your headlights
- Be aware of children around you, they may not pay attention when crossing the street.
- Don’t let small children carve pumpkins, consider painting or letting them draw a face for an adult to carve
- Glowsticks make great alternatives to light pumpkins rather than candles.
- If you use a candle be sure the pumpkin is left on a sturdy surface, away from flammable objects.
- Keep candy away from pets – especially chocolate
- Make sure pets are wearing ID tags in case they get out
- Consider creating a calm room for pets away from the door and trick or treaters
Most Importantly…Have fun!