History

LSBhistoryIn 1972, two Chicopee Falls Insurance Agencies, one established by Charles W. Bray in 1917 and the other founded by Attorney Walter M. Shea in 1920, combined to form the present corporation. In 1974, Francis J. Borys merged his agency to give the business its present name. In 1979, the combined Agency moved from its original Main Street location to 71 Church Street, the present location.

In January of 2008, the John P Crean Insurance Agency Inc. merged with the Laporte, Shea & Borys Insurance Agency Inc. The Crean Agency was founded by John P Crean in 1957 and its agency provided insurance to many of the military located at Westover Air Force Base.

The office is currently located in the historical district directly across from the Chicopee Police, Fire Complex and Chicopee District Court.